30.09.2011

Final of the ARF Cup! Cunovo!

Last weekend of the trip. Cunovo. Final of the Alpine Rivers Freestyle Cup.

We arrived with Bubaks at thursday to Bratislava and stop at boathouse where we had small grill party with Slovakian crew. Was nice to see all of them again but we didn't stay on that long as i had to pick up my Polish friend - Adam, who came from Warsaw at 6 am! I have no idea how but i managed to get up early enough to pick him and as we were back really fast thanks to kindness of Peter who woke up specialy for me at 7 to repair the Cow !


So after all season my boat was looking really bad with lost tapes, bad scratches and carbon bruises. Thought even it looked that bad it still wasn't leaking ! Amazing how well made is that boat! Even more wonderful thing is that after 2.5h of work on it it looks again nearly as brand new! Now just a bit of autolack and i can say it's new !


Later on we moved to Cunovo to set the camp and as my boat was still drying i took some time chilling around and watching guys paddling. At the evening i went for short session as i still had in mind my arms injuries. It gave me dozens of fun as i didn't paddle for week which felt like ages! Couldn't focus on training any tricks just simple eskimo rolls were fun enough! In the time my Mom & Artek came and i jumped out of the water as i didn't see since Worlds! Was really happy to see them again.

In the evening we had camp-round party where Honza Havelka and me had made small fireshow which unfortunetly costed me a bit of hairs and burned chicken parts again thought as always was so fun!

Next day was starting with fun slalom race but unfortunetly I overslept and woke up after it. So next thing to attend for me was K1M prelims where i finished 3rd after Tomo and Peter and after that there was C1 where  i came 5th granting me finals. In the afternon there was time for semifinals which were really amaing as alot great paddlers qulificated and everybody could get to finals, no random shots. After hard play to final five came Petr Prause, Marcel Bloder, Me, Tomo and Peter.

In the evening there was concert with nice band and tombola. Unfortunetly when the great concert finished there was nothing else planned and the party went down which was such a shame as it was going on really nice.

Sunday morning was starting with kayak cross on second channel where was great slide, unfortunatly well... overslept again! I'm a bit lazy to weak up that early ;).
Straight after cross it was time for the finals, C1 and K1m were 2 last so i had time to prepare, couldn't wait for C1 as it's giving me so many fun now it's a bit different and i see there challenge again for all the tricks! Thought in finals managed only loop and some wheel which gave me 4th place in K1M after final full of emotion we had huge suprise. Tomo won with Peter -  who came second! I was 3rd followed by Marcel and Pepe.

As it was final event of Alpine Rivers Freestyle Cup we got the scores, I won it in K1M and Honza Spindler was second and also i came 2nd in C1 which is big achievment also ! I would like to say thanks for all the organisators of cunovo and whole Alpine Cup for great times and fun also thanks to all the people that participated for all the parties and chilling times.






















Photos: Haninka & Adam

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz